Sunday, August 23, 2015

23 Agosto 2015

Within the last 4 days I have had more than 24 hours of travel time (first class woop woop) and only 12 hours of sleep in total.  The rest of the time has been spent running errands for my Papa’s HUGE 50th birthday party, meeting ALL of my family, and receiving more love than I could’ve asked for. It seems as though every time I sit down there’s another toast to me, another kiss on the cheek, another niƱa holding my hand, another heartwarming welcoming from a family member who cannot pronounce my name or whose name I can’t pronounce, all of which is in a language that I can barely understand or speak, just feel.  These last 4 days, and tonight especially, I have felt so much love and had so much fun in Santa Cruz disproving all of my pre-judgements.  It is 6:08 in the morning and I am still in my dress and heels from the party.  I am beyond exhausted but don’t want to go to sleep.  Why would I want to go to sleep when I can watch the sun rise on my balcony, representing the arrival of a new adventure, while listening to all the honking horns and party music that I learned to love on the last one? 


“sleep is for dead people” ~un amigo boliviano


No comments:

Post a Comment